Friday, September 9, 2011

A girl can dream...about a 28-hour day

Got too much to do, and too little time?
Wish there were more hours in the day?

Yeah, you're not alone.
 
In the blink of an eye, the day is gone....
[image from http://1.piws.co.uk/#home]



After hours of painstaking research and many highly scientific calculations, I’ve come to the conclusion that four more hours a day are all I need to get everything done.

In short, I need a 28-hour day.

I’ve got a lot on my plate these days: I’m a full-time Creative Communications student, a mom, a daughter, a sister ---24 hours a day just isn’t cutting it anymore.

But I know I’m not alone. At one time or another I’m sure everyone has said the following:

“I only needed five more minutes to make it to class on time.”
“If I had half an hour more to study I would have aced the test.”
“Gimme one more hour to sleep!”

But just because I can't get it all done in the 24 hours I have doesn't mean a girl can't dream. And that's exactly what this blog is all about: if I had them, what would I do during those four extra hours?

It could be anything from checking out a new movie (oh, how I miss the days of going to the movie theatre), watching the latest episode of Breaking Bad or the The Daily Show or catching up on some CreComm assignments.

So, dear readers, it’s my plan to live vicariously through my blog. I welcome you to come check it out and live through it too.

And for the CreComm-ers out there, what do you miss doing the most? (And yes, I’m just going to assume we're all in the same boat: the day we walked through the doors of Red River College, we kissed our free time goodbye).

I hope you’ll leave a comment because I’d love to hear from you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment