So, it was a busy Christmas break for me.
I didn't get around to giving my blog a facelift (nor did I make a single post), and I pretty much autofailed my holiday checklist that I made before the break (see below).
However, I did have an incredible experience as an intern at the Winnipeg Free Press. For three weeks I was writing articles, making phone calls, trying not to panic, but most of all... learning.
My head is still swimming and I'll have more to write about it soon. A sneak peek: my adventures include going to the scene of two fires, trying to get an interview with Don Cherry, trying to decipher government press releases and more!
Until then, here's a report on how I did in terms of checking stuff off of the list of things I was planning on doing over the break:
1) Read a book. Any book.: I read half of a book, and a good half it was.
2) See a movie. Any movie: I didn't go to the theatre-- but I did watch The King's Speech on TV one afternoon. That counts, right?
3) Eat good food: I didn't go out to eat, but had tons of great meals at home thanks to my foodie brother.
4) Go to the Festival of Trees and Lights downtown: YES, did that.
5) Spend some time at McNally Robinson: Nope, didn't make it there.
6) Get in touch with friends and family I haven’t seen since CreComm orientation: I saw some of them on Christmas Day for a few hours...
7) Go on a steady diet of Christmas cookies: YES-- very successful.
8) Go to the Canad Inns Winter Wonderland: Nope, but still hoping to.
9) Go skating at The Forks: Nope, didn't even get near The Forks.
10) Recharge for term 2: HA! No way--- but it's here nonetheless!
Looking forward to seeing all of the CreCommers tomorrow morning :)