The end is in sight –just over one week until our first term at RRC is done. All that stands between me and Christmas break is about three dozen assignments and tests. Maybe not that many, but it sure feels like it.
I’m working on a top-ten list of things to do over the winter break.
1) Read a book. Any book.
- I’m hoping to sit down with Lynn Coady’s The Antagonist and The Help by Kathryn Stockett.
2) See a movie. Any movie. Top picks are:
- Beginners (dir. Mike Mills)
- Midnight in Paris (dir. Woody Allen)
- Melancholia (dir. Lars von Trier)
- Synecdoche, New York (dir. Charlie Kaufman)
- The Tree of Life (dir. Terrence Mallick)
- Being Elmo (dir. Constance Marks)
- Take Shelter (dir. Jeff Nichols)
- Like Crazy (dir. Drake Doremus)
3) Eat good food. It’d be great to head to Stella’s at least once.
4) Go to the Festival of Trees and Lights downtown.
5) Spend some time at McNally Robinson.
6) Get in touch with friends and family I haven’t seen since CreComm orientation.
7) Goon a steady diet of Christmas cookies.
8) Go to the Canad Inns Winter Wonderland.
9) Go skating at The Forks.
10) Recharge for term 2.
But first thing’s first—survive until the end of next week…